This initiative is the step towards a cleaner and greener earth. This move is one of the ways to show that we are concerned and thus we request all our customers to join this movement to make it successful by way of contributing their unusable / non repairable product (fit for discarding) for recycling.
E-waste has been defined as “waste electrical and electronic equipment, whole or in part or rejects from their manufacturing and repair process, which are intended to be discarded”. Whereas Electrical and electronic equipment has been defined as “equipment which is dependent on electrical currents or electro-magnetic fields to be functional”. Whereas *end of life product means when a product is non-operational or non-repairable.
Elanpro E-waste is any Refrigeration product or accessory which is not useable and it is at it’s end of life for example old defective products like Freezers and Chillers etc.
1. Recycling end-of-life products is vital if we are to save resources and minimize waste. Encouraging recycling of all useful and valuable material from e-waste so as to conserve the ever depleting natural resources.
2. Disposal of e-waste in a scientific way reduces the environment pollution. The correct disposal of old product will prevent negative consequences for the environment and human health.Negative consequences of disposal of product if not done in proper way :
1. Non Organic Material used in manufacturing of e-waste may get mixed with earth, air, water and cause health issues.
2. Oil & Gases present is some of e-waste like compressor may cause environment pollution.
3. Burning of plastic in open area causes air pollution.
In India, E-Waste (Management and Handling) Rules 2011 have been notified by the Central Government under the guidance of Central Pollution Control Board (CPCB). Elanpro stands committed to implement E-Waste Rules. Elanpro has tied-up with the CPCB (Pollution Control Board) authorized e-Waste recycler to facilitate E Waste disposal by our customers after it reaches end-of-life stage. In this process, the customer shall interact directly with the authorised agency meant for handling the e-waste products without involving any 3rd parties. In order to resource efficiency, Elanpro shall work closely with Commercial Refrigeration supply chain including authorized channel partners, dealer’s customers, and the recycling industry.
Customers are urged to strictly follow the guidelines as per e-Waste rules as any failure on their part would invite penal action, which may attract imprisonment upto 5 years or with fine upto Rs. 1 Lac or both.
1. Consumers may contribute to resource conservation and prevent environmental problems by a simple action — properly depositing their old Freezer or Chiller products and its accessories.Recycling of Products: Few customers may assume that product at end-of-life stage has no value. But they still contain many reusable or recyclable materials. Recyclable Parts of old product*.
1. Valuable metals are used as component materials for the PCB circuit board. During the smelting process, valuable metals such as gold, silver, and copper can be retrieved from these electronic parts. The metals that are retrieved can be used for new electronic parts or can be sold separately on their own.
2. Plastic materials are used for structural components for internal or external cover. The plastic materials that have been collected are recycled as energy resources after going through a heat recovery process. Recycled plastic may be used to produce items such as traffic cones, plastic fencing, and car bumpers.
3. Paper is the main component used in packaging. Paper can be recycled. It is then used as recycled paper or in products made of paper.The usage mentioned above is suggestive and may not necessarily be used. Collection, Storage and Disposal of E-Waste:
To facilitate our customers to dispose off EWaste of Elanpro Refrigeration machine, dealers or customers can get all details of company process on collection and disposal on company website (https://www.elanpro.net) or call the Toll free number of our Producer responsibility Organization (PRO) M/s Auctus E-Recycling Solution Pvt Ltd on 1800 2700 038 or contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or 8882302532.How customer can get their product recycled:
The company has tied up with government authorized E-waste recycler M/s Auctus E-Recycling Solution Pvt Ltd for facilitating the customers on Pan India basis to collect E-Waste (Elanpro make Freezers and Coolers) from any location within India for further storage and recycling. Customer shall follow the process laid down below:
To keep high and persist the momentum of consumer for disposal of E-WASTE through proper system and further appreciate the initiatives of Consumer / Bulk Consumer to ensure environmentally sound management of E-WASTE, Company will provide a discount of upto 8% on MRP through its discount coupon as an incentive whereby Customer may avail discount against purchase of ‘Elanpro’ make Freezers and Refrigerators from authorized Dealers / Distributors / resellers of Company by handing over the discount coupon received from the Company. The Discount shall be available only against purchase of one Freezer or Refrigerator.
The Company shall provide the discount coupon in the following manner:
In case the Customer intends to exchange the existing E-WASTE (i.e. ‘Elanpro’ make Freezer / Refrigerator) of company and wish to purchase the new Elanpro’ make Freezer / Refrigerator, he / she may get a discount @ 8% on MRP directly or through our Authorized Dealers / Distributors.E-Waste Management Helpline 1800 2700 038 or 888-230-2532 or email@example.com
1. All electrical products are required to be handed over only to the Authorised recycler.
2. The product should be handed over only to authorized recycler for disposal.
3. Keep the product in isolated area, after it becomes non-functional/un-repairable so as to prevent its accidental breakage.
1. The product shall be dismantled only by authorised recycler personnel.
2. The product is not meant for re-sale to any unregistered recycler/scrap dealer/kabariwalahs.
3. The product should not be disposed with household waste.
4. Do not keep any replaced spare part(s) from the product in exposed area.
Any electrical part/product/accessories having wires / PCB in not usable or not repairable condition.Why re-cycling should be done ?
1. Recycling helps salvage useful material from e-waste thus helps conserve the depleting natural resources.
2. Scientific disposal of e-waste reduces the environment pollution.
1. Any disposal through unauthorised agency/person will attract action under Environment (Protection) Act 1986, which provides for imprisonment upto 5 years or with fine upto Rs. 1 Lac or both.
2. Few negative consequences of disposal of product not done in scientific way :
Product should not be dismantled or thrown in municipal waste. It should be packed and handed over to the authorized re-cycler.What are the effects if the product is dismantled by the user ?
Our products are safe for human being to use. However in case of dismantling in untrained Personnel could damage the environment or human being (directly or indirectly). Sharp edges of metal items could cause damage to body.What precautions to be taken in case of any accidental breakage and the person is exposed to such hazardous substances ?
In case of accidental breakage of consumer durable Freezer / Chiller:
In case eWaste is sold to unauthorized dealers (Kabadi). They lack scientific tools or procedures to recycle the products and are not authorized by the CPCB. If they dismantle in open area or break the seal of parts carrying gases and try to extract metals, such gases may pollute the environment. Hazardous residual parts may be thrown in landfills polluting land, water and air.
To locate a nearest collection centre for disposal of their appliance, please contact Customer Care No. 888-230-2532 for details. All coordination shall be done by Authorised Recyclers registered and Elanpro is a facilitator.