Our e-Waste Management is an initiative towards cleaner and greener earth. This move is one of the ways to show that we are concerned. Thus, we request all our customers to join this movement to successfully contribute their unusable / non-repairable product (fit for discarding) for recycling. E-waste has been defined as “waste electrical and electronic equipment, whole or in part or rejected from their manufacturing and repair process, which are intended to be discarded.” Furthermore, electrical and electronic equipment has been defined as “equipment dependent on electrical currents or electromagnetic fields to be functional.” In contrast, *end of life product means when a product is non-operational or non-repairable.
Elanpro E-waste is any Refrigeration product or accessory that is not usable. For example, old defective products like Freezers and Chillers are at their end of life.
Recycling of old Refrigeration product is beneficial in following ways:
- Recycling end-of-life products is vital if we are to save resources and minimize waste. Thus, encouraging recycling of all useful and valuable material from e-waste to conserve the ever-depleting natural resources.
- Disposal of e-waste in a scientific way reduces environmental pollution. The proper removal of old products will prevent negative consequences for the environment and human health.
Negative consequences of disposal of the product if not done correctly:
- Non-Organic Materials used in the manufacturing of e-waste may get mixed with earth, air, water and cause health issues.
- Oil & Gases present in some e-waste like compressors may cause environmental pollution.
- The burning of plastic in open areas causes air pollution.
In India, E-Waste (Management and Handling) Rules 2011 have been notified by the Central Government under the guidance of the Central Pollution Control Board (CPCB). Elanpro stands committed to implement E-Waste Rules. Elanpro has tied up with the CPCB (Pollution Control Board) authorized e-Waste recycler to facilitate E-Waste disposal by our customers after it reaches the end-of-life stage. In this process, the customer shall interact directly with the authorized agency meant for handling the e-waste products without involving any 3rd parties. Elanpro shall work closely with the Commercial Refrigeration supply chain to resource efficiency, including authorized channel partners, dealer’s customers, and the recycling industry.
Customers are urged to strictly follow the guidelines as per e-Waste rules as any failure on their part would invite penal action, which may attract imprisonment up to 5 years or with a fine up to Rs. 1 Lac or both.
Guidance on the Disposal of End-of-Life Products:
- Consumers may contribute to resource conservation and prevent environmental problems by simply depositing their old Freezer or Chiller products and accessories.
Recycling of Products: Few customers may assume that a product at the end-of-life stage has no value. But they still contain many reusable or recyclable materials. Recyclable Parts of old product*.
- Valuable metals are used as component materials for the PCB circuit board. Valuable metals such as gold, silver, and copper can be retrieved from these electronic parts during the smelting process. The retrieved metals can be used for new electronic parts or can be sold separately on their own. Plastic materials are used for structural components for internal or external cover. The plastic materials that have been collected are recycled as energy resources after going through a heat recovery process. Recycled plastic may be used to produce items such as traffic cones, plastic fencing, and car bumpers.
- Paper is the main component used in packaging. Paper can be recycled. It is then used as recycled paper or in products made of paper. The usage mentioned above is suggestive and may not necessarily be used.
Collection, Storage and Disposal of E-Waste:
To facilitate our customers to dispose of EWaste of Elanpro Refrigeration machine, dealers or customers can get all details of company process on collection and disposal on the company website (https://www.elanpro.net) or call the Toll free number of our Producer responsibility Organization (PRO) M/s Auctus E-Recycling Solution Pvt Ltd on 1800 2700 038 or contact us on email@example.com or 8882302532.
How customer can get their product recycled:
The company has tied up with government-authorized E-waste recycler M/s Auctus E-Recycling Solution Pvt Ltd for facilitating the customers on a Pan India basis to collect E-Waste (Elanpro make Freezers and Coolers) from any location within India for further storage and recycling. Customer shall follow the process laid down below:
- The customer may contact Elanpro (PRO Toll-free number 1800 2700 038 or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org; 8882302532) requesting for recycling of Elanpro Refrigeration products. The company shall generate and provide a request ID to the customer. The Company shall not be obliged to accede to the request of customers of other brands.
- The Company shall confirm the above request online to their PRO M/s Auctus E-Recycling Solution Pvt Ltd to process the E-Waste collection from the customer designated location.
- PRO shall contact you and arrange for collecting the E-Waste from the customer’s designated location through its transporter within a particular time.
- After collection from the customer, the PRO shall store the E-Waste at its local warehouse and consolidate all E-Waste for dismantling at its facility. Then, the PRO inspects the product and computes the residual value of the Refrigeration product(s). Thus, your old Refrigeration Product will be recycled as per E-Waste disposal guidelines by the Elanpro PRO.
- After dismantling, the PRO shall prepare a certificate of recycling & destruction for its record.
MAKE E-Waste RECYCLING APPEAL TO CUSTOMER:
The following steps shall be undertaken to improve the collection of E-Waste
- Incentivize the consumer – Offering a Discount coupon for a discount on the next purchase.
- Communication: Mentioning our E-waste contact nos, email id, and incentive through various channels to customers and Dealers
- Machine label shall include E-Waste contact details
- Warranty Card shall include E-Waste contact details
- Communication about Elanpro’s E-Waste management by Email, SMS, and social media to our
- customers and dealers.
DETAILS OF INCENTIVE SCHEME
To keep high and persist the momentum of consumers for disposal of E-WASTE through the proper system and further appreciate the initiatives of Consumer / Bulk Consumer to ensure environmentally sound management of E-WASTE, Company will provide a discount of up to 8% on MRP through its discount coupon as an incentive whereby Customer may avail discount against purchase of ‘Elanpro’ make Freezers and Refrigerators from authorized Dealers / Distributors/resellers of Company by handing over the discount coupon received from the Company. The discount shall be available only against the purchase of one Freezer or Refrigerator.
The Company shall provide the discount coupon in the following manner:
- On receipt of confirmation from E-WASTE recycler towards the collection of E-WASTE from Customer location, the Company shall deliver the appreciation letter to the customer with company incentive offer.
- The company shall deliver the discount coupon at the customer’s registered address within the timeframe of 10-14 days.
- Customers can use this coupon and avail the discount while they may purchase ‘Elanpro’ make Freezer / Refrigerator from Authorized Dealers / Distributors of the Company. The discount coupon shall be valid for three months from the date of issue. The discount coupon is non-transferable.
- Customers can get our contact details by visiting our website (https://www.elanpro.net)
- Suppose the Customer intends to exchange the existing E-WASTE (i.e. ‘Elanpro’ make Freezer / Refrigerator) of the company and wishes to purchase the new Elanpro’ make Freezer / Refrigerator. In that case, they may get a discount of 8% on MRP directly or through our Authorized Dealers / Distributors.
E-Waste Management Helpline 1800 2700 038 or 888-230-2532 or email@example.com
Do’s & Don’t:
- All electrical products are required to be handed over only to the Authorised recycler.
- The product should be handed over only to an authorized recycler for disposal.
- Keep the product in an isolated area after it becomes non-functional/unrepairable to prevent its accidental breakage.
- The product shall be dismantled only by authorized recycler personnel.
- The product is not meant for resale to any unregistered recycler/scrap dealer/kabadiwalas.
- The product should not be disposed of with household waste.
- Do not keep any replaced spare part(s) from the product in the exposed area.
How to identify that this is an e-waste product?
Any electrical part/product/accessories having wires / PCB in unusable or not repairable condition.
Why should recycling be done?
- Recycling helps salvage useful material from e-waste, thus helping conserve the depleting natural resources.
- Scientific disposal of e-waste reduces environmental pollution.
What are the negative consequences of improper recycling?
Any disposal through an unauthorized agency/person will attract action under Environment (Protection) Act 1986, which provides for imprisonment up to 5 years or a fine up to Rs. 1 Lac or both.
Few negative consequences of disposal of product not done in a scientific way:
- Toxic material in e-waste gets mixed with earth, air, water, etc., causing health issues.
- Oil & Gases, which are present in some e-waste like compressors, may cause environmental pollution.
- The burning of Plastic in open areas causes air pollution.
- Handling products before disposing of them.
- The product should not be dismantled or thrown into municipal waste. Instead, it should be packed and handed over to the authorized recycler.
What are the effects if the product is dismantled by the user?
Our products are safe for human beings to use. However, in case of dismantling by untrained Personnel could damage the environment or human being (directly or indirectly). For example, sharp edges of metal items could cause damage to the body.
What precautions to be taken in case of any accidental breakage and the person is exposed to such hazardous substances ?
In case of accidental breakage of consumer durable Freezer / Chiller:
- Gas Leakage from compressor – open the window & doors to allow proper ventilation.
- Oil Leakage from compressor – properly lock the oil-spillage point and clean your hand.
How such an act of improper handling will damage the environment?
- In case eWaste is sold to unauthorized dealers (Kabadi). They lack scientific tools or procedures to recycle the products and are not authorized by the CPCB. Moreover, if they dismantle in an open area or break the seal of parts carrying gases and extract metals, such gases may pollute the environment.
- Hazardous residual parts may be thrown in landfills polluting land, water, and air.
How to contact recycler Elanpro?
To locate the nearest collection center for disposal of their appliance, please contact Customer Care No. 888-230-2532 for details. All coordination shall be done by Authorised Recyclers registered, and Elanpro is a facilitator.
Helpline No. : 1800 2700 038, +91-888-230-2532
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Also visit https://elanpro.net/blogs/ to know about us.